- A Business Plan has been submitted,
- building needs have been assessed,
- application for Charitable Incorporated Organisation status made,
- a constitution written,
- bank account planned,
- fund raising methods considered,
- lease of the building planned,
- and meetings held with staff of the Vale Council and at Barry Library to discuss training programmes and handover to the community.
The Council made their final decision to proceed with community led libraries in February 2016.
What part will the Vale of Glamorgan Council continue to play?
- Initially some funding will be available for building work
- All current book stock will remain and will be renewed as at present
- IT equipment will remain
- The library will have a Service Level Agreement with the Council for some special services such as IT maintenance.
for everything else the Community Library will need to rely on volunteers.
The library will need volunteers to:
- Staff the library as library assistants – there will be training offered and there will be support from a professional librarian. We will need at least two volunteers for each 2 hour session and if each is able to offer time either once a week or even every two weeks that means we will need about 50 volunteers.
- Fund raise – to pay for utilities, maintenance etc.
- Raise the profile of the library by publicity
- Staff and manage a coffee shop on site
- Contribute with all and any ideas to make our library work.
At present the hand over date is 1st June – but could be delayed if all the above planning has not been completed.
IF YOU CAN OFFER HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE Email Keith Hatton: firstname.lastname@example.org